Questions about your next move with on hold messages, music, or VoIP greetings help_outlinequestion_answer
help Message on Hold Q's
- What is Message On Hold?keyboard_arrow_downMessage On Hold is customized music and message announcements delivered through your telephone hold circuit; thereby, using the on hold circuit of a phone system to play audio content for callers to hear while parked on hold or being transferred. (Equipment is available which also makes this possible for 2, 3, or 4 line telephones.) Message on hold is also known by a variety of other names and terms. You may have heard of this concept as marketing on hold, on hold messaging, ads on hold, music on hold, image on hold, sales on hold, customer on hold, phone on hold, on hold advertising, captive audience phone marketing, on hold plus, voice on hold, etc… But the bottom line is, whatever you call it, message on hold can be a powerful communication tool for you to speak directly to your callers. By the way, we prefer being called sound results on hold!
- How does it work?keyboard_arrow_downUtilizing the latest in micro-chip technology, our digital audio announcers use your current phone system to broadcast your custom music and message program through your telephone hold circuit. Our remote load systems allow us to update and change your music or messages on demand.
- Do callers hear the same message every time they're on hold?keyboard_arrow_downNot likely. The digital repeaters that broadcast the on hold audio recordings play the audio signal in a continuous loop. Callers placed on hold will be hearing whatever messages happen to be playing at that point in time. However once on hold they will hear the messages consecutively in the order they are recorded in the audio program. Generally, callers will hear a different part of the message program each time they are placed on hold. And all callers who are on hold will be hearing the same messages at the same time.
- What is a message on hold "program"?keyboard_arrow_downAn on hold "program" is the final mixed audio production that you would hear on hold. It consists of the selected background music and a playlist of several customized promotional messages that continuously repeat. The length of an on hold program is typically four to six minutes in length from beginning to end before it repeats. The length of the on hold program will vary depending on needs and how long and how many messages are contained in the program.
- What can on hold music and messaging do for my company?keyboard_arrow_downA message on hold service turns unproductive telephone time into a new opportunity to communicate one on one with your callers. Look at it as an opportunity to speak directly to callers to promote the products and services you offer. It's also a marketing opportunity to inform callers and to present a professional image while providing a valuable service to your callers. Click here home to see our home page for more benefits and ideas.
- Why should my company get an on-hold system?keyboard_arrow_downLook at it this way, a 30 second spot of advertising during the Super Bowl costs millions of dollars. If your average caller is placed on hold for 30 seconds, it’s like having a free chance to advertise. Why waste the opportunity? Think of your on-hold message system as a tactical marketing tool, just like direct mail, print ads, web ads, or sales scripts. These are tools used to communicate information about your business, that educate your callers about how you are different, more innovative, and better than any of your competitors. Frankly, if all the benefits don't persuade you to use an on hold service then some careful thought and analysis of your alternatives will certainly convince you otherwise. By reviewing the alternatives here warning to on hold music and messaging, you will learn that these options are not in the best interest of your organization.
help On Hold Equipment Q’s
- What kind of equipment is required?keyboard_arrow_downAlmost all phone systems are (moh) or music on hold compatible, however some still require a separate digital playback device to broadcast the audio program on hold and provide a method to conveniently update new audio programs to the system. The industry is constantly evolving when it comes to messaging equipment. There are a variety of systems available with different features that offer unique advantages. Audio programs are loaded to the equipment on compact disc, memory storage devices, digital remote load and IP internet loaded systems. All of the systems we use employ digital playback providing you the most consistent and best sounding audio response. There are a handful of manufacturers who specialize in the on hold industry. As an equipment solution provider, we have relationships with most of these manufacturers so that we can provide the best equipment and products to meet our clients’ needs.
- Do I need to purchase equipment from you to use this service?keyboard_arrow_downNo, we provide you free use of the on hold equipment that you may need as a part of our service package to you. The equipment we provide includes a 100% replacement warranty. You can be certain that you will always have a superior sound. And if you'd prefer we do offer a variety of equipment and products that we can also sell directly to you.
- What types of equipment are available?keyboard_arrow_downMany types of equipment are available. We use our experience to work with you to determine the best type of equipment for your unique situation. We offer an assortment of playback devices that work with different media sources from CD, MP3, flash drives and direct remote load units via phone line or internet download.
- What if I already have my own equipment?keyboard_arrow_downWe’ll custom format your on hold programs to your current equipment specifications. We can provide you on hold audio programs on any number of formats. From CD, digital files (wave, MP3, etc.) and remote load formats, we are dedicated to providing services to meet your needs with today’s and tomorrow’s leading technologies.
- What happens if my equipment breaks or is damaged?keyboard_arrow_downAs part of our service we offer free replacement and upgrades to your unit. We will ship a replacement unit to you immediately and provide a pre-paid return label to have the old unit shipped back to us at our cost.
help Telephone Equipment Q's
- Will it work on my telephone system?keyboard_arrow_downYes. We can work with your telephone system to find a way to provide you our service. Most phone systems are moh (music on hold) compatible without any additional interface hardware needed. If you have any concerns or questions regarding compatibility with your own telephone system, please call and we can help. We’ll use our resources to do some research for you and let you know the specifics of your telephones system’s capabilities.
- But, I have a really old phone system?keyboard_arrow_downThere are many very old phone systems that are still in service today that are compatible with a music on hold system. Some telephone systems may require an additional cartridge or interface card but most are ready as is. Again, if you have any concerns or questions regarding compatibility with your own telephone system, please call and we can help. We’ll use our resources to do some research for you and let you know the specifics of your phone system’s capabilities.
- I have no phone system just a basic 2 line office telephone?keyboard_arrow_downWe have a variety of interface hardware adapters that will still allow your phone lines to work with our on hold service. We can usually provide you with a device that will allow your phone’s hold key to work with our on hold equipment. Again, if you have any concerns or questions regarding compatibility with your own telephones, please call and we can help. We will use our resources to do some research on your telephone and let you know the specifics and recommendations for a hold key interface adapter.
- How does it hook up to my phones?keyboard_arrow_downDifferent types of equipment work slightly different. However, the basics of the installation are the same for each. Most all equipment has two basic features. 1) They will need an available electrical outlet for the AC power adapter. 2) They have an audio cable that plugs into the moh (music on hold) port on your phone system. On most systems that’s basically it. However, for systems that feature remote load capabilities, it is necessary to share a phone line so that we can access and the unit directly to communicate and to load new on hold audio productions from our remote load servers.
- Will it work with an IP phones system?keyboard_arrow_downYes. Our on hold service is compatible with virtually all IP phone systems. However, some IP phone systems do not have an external moh (music on hold) port. With those cloud based systems we can provide a special audio file (usually a compressed wave file) that can be directly loaded into the phone system’s server.
help VoIP Q's
- What is VoIP?keyboard_arrow_downVoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. It’s the method for transferring telephone voice service over the intranet and internet. Therefore, phones in your office can be hosted by a central control box located on site like a traditional PBX or controlled somewhere offsite (in the Cloud) on a hosted provider server. That offsite control box might be called many different things; such as, hosted PBX, cloud based, hosted VoIP, virtual PBX, etc.
- What messages or music can be used with VoIP?keyboard_arrow_downThe advantage to a VoIP phone system is that there are often more opportunities for you to add recorded messaging and customization of music and messages on hold, within call menu’s, Day and Night Greetings, etc... mic Many systems will allow you to customize on hold recordings right down to a single unique phone extension within the system. For example, callers in a service department can hear different messages and music than those in the sales department, etc.
- Will it work on My VoIP phones?keyboard_arrow_downYes, we can work with your VoIP system whether it is a hosted or premise based system. Sound Results will help you manage the on hold features of your VoIP phone system. And recommend the best option for you to maximize your phone systems unique capabilities; whether we provide you an external internet based audio player or we can provide and load audio files that are specially formatted to maximize your VoIP systems sound capabilities.
- Do I need any extra equipment or an external player for my VoIP system?keyboard_arrow_downSometimes, and you may want us to provide you with a free player, it's included in our services. Most on site or premised based VoIP systems do have the ability to have either a file based playback where we provide and help load the audio file directly to your phone server (just like the hosted solution providers) for the playback of the on hold music and message program or an external source where an external audio device is plugged in to deliver and control the playback of the on hold music and message programs.
- What’s better for premise based VoIP systems, an external player or a file upload?keyboard_arrow_downIt depends. There are pros and cons to each option, but in general there are a few reasons it may make sense to use an external player when you can. First, an external playback unit does not use any of your phone systems processing resources to do the playback of the on hold file to each caller. Second, some systems limit the file size or playback options which can limit the size and length of the program and the order of how your production plays back to the caller. And if you use an external player, like our internet based unit, you'll have better flexibility to pre-scheduled updates of your music and messages and have more control over the playlist without having any “hands on” involvement in the uploading of the files to the phone server. With either option Sound Results will help you discover the best method for you to maximize the on hold features of your VoIP phone system and we’ll gladly recommend the best option for your situation.
help IVR Q's - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
help Voice Q's
- What kind of voices are used?keyboard_arrow_downA pool of professional voice talents is used to voice your custom messages. Specialty voices, character voices, accents and foreign language talents are also available. Our experienced staff will help match the style and type of voice to best match your image and meet your needs. Click here for our voice demo page mic to preview some of our talents.
- Can I use my own voice on hold?keyboard_arrow_downSure. We have had great success with some businesses who prefer to record some messages themselves. We have also used the voices of their customers as audio testimonials on their on hold systems. Other ideas include a special message from the president of your company such as "This is Bill Johnson president of XYZ Corporation, I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your business and referrals…etc…" Click Play button below for two examples of this concept.
My Voice Examples
- Do you have Spanish-speaking voice talents available?keyboard_arrow_downYes we do. We frequently get requests for Spanish-speaking voice talents. Depending on the wishes of the customer, we have often provided bi-lingual message programs with first the Spanish speaking message and then the same message repeated again in English. Click Play button below for two examples of this concept.
Spanish Voice Example
- How often can I change the background music?keyboard_arrow_downOur unique system is designed to give you complete control of your on hold messaging experience so that you can change and update your music as desired. We provide you the flexibility to update your music as needed whenever it is needed, especially during holidays.
- What kind of music is available?keyboard_arrow_downAn extensive music library is available. Selections range from blues to country, jazz to swing and Bach to rock! There is an almost endless supply of music available to enhance your organization’s image, including a variety of specialty and holiday selections. Plus we have available an array of sound effects that can be used in the message. All music and sound effects licensing fees are included in the service. Click here for our music demo page library_music to preview some selections.
- Can I use our jingle for the music?keyboard_arrow_downYes, if you have the rights to your radio jingle. We can help you incorporate it into your on hold production in a manner that would help you continue to build brand recognition for your business.
- Why can’t I just play the radio on hold?keyboard_arrow_downYou would be breaking the law unless you acquire a license to rebroadcast the music. The law does not allow any unauthorized rebroadcast of radio music for the benefit of your business. You can find more information on this from the major licensing organizations such as ASCAP, SESAC and BMI. Also, your callers may not like your choice of radio stations. They might also be hearing your competitor’s ads, receive poor reception (static), and be subjected to annoying DJ's. The best reason for not using radio is that you lose control over the subject matter your callers hear and miss out on an opportunity to communicate with your callers.
Please Note: The performance of music over telephone lines is defined as a public performance under U.S. Copyright laws. Accordingly, in order for the performance of copyright protected music to be lawful, the copyright owners or their representatives must license it to the user. AMS Music, BMI, and ASCAP are the three largest US representatives for music copyright owners, and they actively enforce the provisions of this law. Copyright infringement fines range from $500 to $150,000 each time it is played .
- Why can’t I just play my favorite music on hold?keyboard_arrow_downAny unauthorized use of music for the benefit of your business is not allowed by law and that includes the playing music CD's or an MP3 player like your ipod. You can find more information on this from the major music licensing organizations, ASCAP, SESAC and BMI. But again, the best reason for not playing your music is that you lose all control over content. Take control of what your callers hear with sound results on hold service!
help Messages and Script Writing Q's
- Who writes the script?keyboard_arrow_downOur experienced staff of writers will compose a program designed specifically for your business. Copy writing is included as part of our service. Our staff of writers will create custom messages from any resource material that you provide; company brochures, print ads, newsletters, web sites and our industry files. However, you can get involved in the writing process as much or as little as you want. Some companies prefer to provide us with their complete copy.
- How do you write my custom messages?keyboard_arrow_downWe have a process in place that allows us to gather information from you about your company. We can work from your brochures or other marketing materials, web site content and other literature you provide. We may also call you for a brief interview to learn a few pointers about your business and find out other relevant distinctions that makes you stand out from your competition. The script information is then compiled and turned over to one of our professional copywriters. We then fax or email you a draft script for review. We go back and forth with this process to hammer out any needed revisions or corrections in the script. Once we have an approved script from you, we'll go to production.
- How often should I change my on-hold message?keyboard_arrow_downMaintaining variety and keeping your programming fresh and current is the key to successful on-hold marketing. Our exclusive system is designed to give you complete control of your on hold messaging experience so that you can make changes and update your system as desired. Our method provides you the flexibility to provide current special offers and compelling communications to your callers. This allows you to update your messages as needed whenever it is needed, regardless of the industry you are in. If you're in an industry that has frequent promotions and changing product information, or if you have high repeat-caller rates, then naturally you will be adding new messages more often and changing music selections. Whatever your needs we offer a solution for you.
- Are on hold messages eligible for co-op advertising?keyboard_arrow_downIn some cases, part of the cost of your message on hold service may be reimbursed by your suppliers in the form of co-op advertising dollars. You should contact your supplier directly to inquire about this. Most likely, they will want final approval of your message. Most vendors provide pre-approved messages to be used in your program. We will work with you to ensure that you can maximize any co-op dollars for your program.
- How much does Message On Hold cost?keyboard_arrow_downOur service rates are based on a subscription service agreement and packages are available based on the level of services you desire. Standard rates typically range from $49 to $89 a month. We also have separate production rates and equipment pricing available. Please contact a representative for a rate guide or custom quote today. Or, fill out our request form here. Quote Request create
- What are my payment options?keyboard_arrow_downWe have a variety of very flexible payment options to meet your budgeting needs. Payment terms include annual, quarterly and monthly payment options. We also accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover cards.
- Do you take credit cards?keyboard_arrow_downYes. Our merchant account allows us to accept payments through Visa, Mastercard, and Discover Card credit_card .
help MOH Stats and Studies Q’s
- Is on hold messaging a proven form of advertising?keyboard_arrow_down
Numerous market studies have confirmed that message on hold is one of the most effective forms of advertising available.
fiber_manual_record Callers stay on the line up to 25% longer when provided with On Hold Messaging versus "dead air" or "background music," and up to 17% longer than radio. - Infomax, Inc.
fiber_manual_record 88% of callers surveyed want to hear product information on-hold and will stay on the line longer if provided with this information - roughly 20% said that they have purchased additional products based on information they heard while on-hold - SALES & MARKETING MANAGEMENT.
fiber_manual_record Jefferson Denneandrus, a research firm, found when callers were presented with On Hold Messaging versus silence or a radio commercial they would stay on hold longer, they were more likely to exhibit interest in the product advertised, they were more likely to retain information, and they were less agitated.
fiber_manual_record 88% of callers preferred on-hold messages to other hold options, and 16 - 20% made a purchase based on an on-hold offer - Stan Rapp and Tom Collins of MAXIMARKETING.
- Do you have any statistical data concerning on hold advertising?keyboard_arrow_downThere is a variety of evidence available that suggests the effectiveness of messaging on hold. Detailed statistics and research available from AT&T, Selling Magazine, Tom Peters Group, USA Today are all available. Regardless of others findings you need to know whether our system is a fit for your business. Please ask us about our free, no obligation 30 day trial! Judge the results for yourself. We can provide you with lots of evidence but it is even more convincing to find out for yourself, in your own business with your own callers? Take us up on our free offer today!
- Is there evidence of the effectiveness of on hold messaging?keyboard_arrow_down
USA Business Telephone Today conducted a survey to determine the effects of putting people on hold. The callers surveyed were routine callers seeking information from the USA Business Telephone Today Center in Washington, D.C. A total of 30,000 callers were placed on hold for one minute under various conditions. After that, each call was answered with the same question: "Thank you for waiting. Would you mind telling me how long you had to wait ‘on-hold’ ?"
fiber_manual_record Calls on hold with silence (10,000 callers) 52 percent of callers terminated the call. 27 percent estimated their wait at more than 5 minutes. 18 percent estimated it to be more than 3 minutes.
fiber_manual_record Calls on hold with music (10,000 callers) 13 percent of callers terminated the call. 3 percent estimated their hold time to be more than 1 minute. 56 percent of callers estimated their hold time to be less than 1 minute.
fiber_manual_record Calls on hold with information (10,000 callers) 2 percent of callers terminated the call. 1 percent of callers estimated their hold time to be more than 1 minute. 81 percent of callers estimated their hold time to be less than 1 minute.
- How does it compare to other advertising mediums?keyboard_arrow_down
Because your on-hold message is being delivered to the very best audiences a business could ever hope to have: prospects who choose to call you, and customers who choose to call you again! You can use this captive audience, not available in other media, to build brand awareness, and for direct response marketing.
Multiple studies have supported that message on hold is one of the most effective forms of advertising there is; even outperforming other more expensive media like TV, radio and print. Nowhere else will you find a more targeted and captive audience that you can reach for such a reasonable cost compared to other media purchases.
And don't overlook that on-hold messaging is also a potent sales tool to up sell your existing customers! It costs five to seven times as much money to get new leads as it does to sell to your existing customers (AMA Handbook For Managing Business To Business Marketing Communications, 1997). In fact, up to 65% of typical business revenue comes from patronage by regular customers (American Management Association study). Not only that, according to a landmark study done by the National Retail Merchants Association, for every $100 of anticipated sales there could be another $30 of unanticipated sales if your customers are aware of your other products, services, and special offers..
- What other services do you provide?keyboard_arrow_downSound Results, LLC offers a wide array of audio products and services. Of course our main focus is providing an outstanding message on hold service. In addition, we do offer many other audio production services that will compliment your on hold service. We have available a variety of audio services: background music service, in-store promotional messages, voicemail greetings, telephone auto attendant recordings, hotel wake up messages, various promotional audio services, telephone after hours announcements, professional voicing of telephone prompts and web site audio messages.
- Why should I buy from Sound Results?keyboard_arrow_downWe are the best choice because we provide a superior level of service and deliver unmatched results at the best value in our industry. We are big enough to manage your ever-changing needs yet small enough to give you the detailed attention you deserve. Our efficiency gives us the ability to deliver the absolute best equipment and productions at the lowest price, without sacrificing service. We offer personal service, toll-free support, and our quality control program insures that your system is always working and that your messages sound great. We have developed proprietary systems to consistently give our customers enhanced service in updating their on-hold messages. Over the years, we’ve learned what ‘works’ in on-hold marketing and our unique system and experience delivers Results and provides you with unparalleled excellence in service. We’d be glad to pass along our knowledge to help make your business even more successful! Don't take our word for it… "See" what others are saying about us… click here to view for yourself. We look forward to working with you!
- How long have you been in business?keyboard_arrow_downSince 1995 we have been exclusively providing superior message on-hold solutions for virtually every business sector.
- Does Sound Results offer any guarantees?keyboard_arrow_downYes, we have taken care of all of the risk and worry with our solid satisfaction guarantee! We promise to work with you to be sure you are getting the best value for your investment. We will beat or match our competitors' written offers! In addition, if within the first 30 days of service you find the exact service for less, we'll refund the difference. If you are not 100% satisfied with our service, we will refund the unused portion of your service fee. Buy with confidence from Sound Results on hold!
- How do I order your on hold messaging service?keyboard_arrow_downWe make it easy. Just fill out our online order form here Quote Request create or call us at 1-800-379-7787 and you can speak to an account representative who can help you, and answer any questions you may have. We also offer a free trial that makes it very easy to try our service with no risk, and at no cost!
help Other Frequently Asked Q's
- What other services do you provide?keyboard_arrow_downSound Results, LLC also offers a wide array of other audio products and services. Of course our main focus is providing an outstanding phone message on hold service. In addition, we do offer many other audio production services that will compliment your on hold service. A variety of audio services like streaming background music, in-store promotional messages, voicemail greetings, telephone auto attendant recordings, hotel wake up messages, various promotional audio services, telephone after hours announcements, professional voicing of telephone prompts, voice over for promotional videos and web site audio messages are also available.
- Do you have experience in my industry?keyboard_arrow_downWe have been fortunate to gain experience in a wide array of industries. We've provided on hold solutions for: Veterinarians, Landscaping Firms, Builders, Heating & Cooling, Printing, Machine Shops, Signs & Ad Specialty, Manufacturing, Travel, Truck Equipment and Parts, Tools, Lumber, Auto-Sales and Parts, Marine, Motorcycle and ATV, Retail, Restaurants, Pharmacy, Jewelry, Banking and Credit Union, Insurance Agency's, Mortgage, Financial Planning, Hotel & Resort, Beauty Salon and Spas, Funeral Home, Employment Agency, Convention & Visitor Bureaus, Distributors, Wholesalers, Health and Fitness Club, Golf Course, Hospitals, Health Care Facilities, Medical Dental, Chiropractic Clinics, Schools and other non-profit organizations, and many more. Whatever industry you are in, we look forward to bringing our vast experience for benefit your business.
- Where can I hear a demo?keyboard_arrow_downWe have several demos posted on our site. Click here for our music demo page library_music , Click here for our voice demo page mic , and a sample of various industry on hold programs can be heard here Industry Demos business . We’d also be happy to provide you with a custom on hold demo with music & messages tailored to your unique industry. You can make that request here. Custom Demo Request Form headset
- Can you work with businesses outside of the US?keyboard_arrow_downWe sure can! We work with businesses from a variety of locales; geography has no bearing on the level of service that we can provide to you. We currently service clients from coast to coast, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- What if we need the service at multiple locations?keyboard_arrow_downNo problem. Our unique custom services and competitive pricing plans have allowed many large organizations to take advantage of our top notch service. Please ask for a custom quote for your organization today. Click here for a custom Quote Request create
- With so many on hold options how do I know you are right for us?keyboard_arrow_down
On-hold messaging is a fast growing industry with an estimated worth over a billion dollars per year, and there are a ton of service providers out there looking for you as a customer. In fact, a Google web search will yield hundreds of thousands of web site hits! So how do you know who’s good, who will give you the best service? You could surely find other cheaper vendors than Sound Results, but please keep in mind the sage advice "you get what you pay for." What may appear to be the least expensive or cheapest option may cost you more in the long run. We’ve found many business who make promises and appear to offer the customized features you are looking for only to find out they have hidden costs or extra fees that tie you to them. Others charge you to access their systems for updates or some sell proprietary equipment that only their company can access leaving you with an equipment purchase that is worthless unless you want to be locked into their system for life, etc.
Others have discovered that some vendors provide on hold music and messages as a commodity, a "one size fits all" approach. And the full value of marketing on hold is never realized because they view music and message-on-hold as just another accessory to their phone system. Over time, the on-hold messages are not maintained and their primary focus is not delivering results. We specialize in on hold music and messages and; therefore, our focus is always on the importance of delivering the results that our clients expect. Whether that is enhancing thier image, improving sales, or providing better service to thier callers while on hold.
Again, it can be difficult and confusing to compare the various products and services offered by different message-on-hold providers. In order to earn your business, we have removed all the risk, hassle, and worry from that decision with our guarantee. If you find the exact service or equipment for less or are not 100% satisfied, we’ll meet or beat a competitors written offer, return the difference or offer you a refund.
- How does the Free, no obligation 30 day trial work?keyboard_arrow_downWe work with you as if you were a new client. We'll provide the use of our equipment, write a custom script, produce your on hold program and let you evaluate our service on your telephone system for a month. This gives you an opportunity to evaluate our service and get results and feedback from your own callers. If, at the end of the free trial, you want to keep our service, we can can make arrangements for you to keep the system in place. If you don't wish to continue with the service after the free trial period, we will make arrangements to pick up the system. We've made it easy and hassle-free! Click here and type 30 DAY FREE TRIAL in the message line of the form create
help Questions You Should be Asking
- fiber_manual_record What am I currently spending my marketing budget on?
- And am I getting results?
- fiber_manual_record Am I reaching my target audience with my current marketing efforts?
- fiber_manual_record What am I doing to build my company's image?
- fiber_manual_record Do I easily provide relevant information to my callers today?
- (directions, service hours, web address...)
- fiber_manual_record What is my current phone on-hold etiquette?
- (Silent treatment. Boring music, an illegal radio broadcast)